Generally, Oculus Quest and AirPlay are both from different houses. Chromecast comes from the house of Android, and AirPlay is from Apple Inc or iOS. So, it may seem complex to cast Oculus Quest 2 via AirPlay, but it is not.
Connecting an Oculus Quest 2 with a TV through AirPlay may sound complicated, and here are the steps shortly. There are two options. One is to connect the TV with a Chromecast first. Here you will need a Chromecast device to attach to the TV. After that, you can cast from your Oculus Quest 2 on TV via AirPlay.
By the way, Samsung TV also uses AirPlay to connect and display. So, let’s know more details about the connection building and How to AirPlay Oculus Quest 2 to TV.
How to AirPlay Oculus Quest 2 to TV – Learn The Steps To Cast
If you are looking for a device to cast from a distance, like 10 to 20 meters, AirPlay can support your back. It is much more powerful than any other Bluetooth device on the market.
Eventually, you can use your wand with a great range. However, connecting Oculus Quest 2 with the TV may be difficult without Chromecast.
Learn how to airplay oculus quest 2 to apple TV or other generals via AirPlay by following the steps.
First Method (With Chromecast Device)
The first method is with the help of a Chromecast device, which is easier than you think. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Firstly, if your TV does not have Chromecast by default, you need to purchase an authentic Chromecast device. Generally, Samsung and Apple TVs do not include Chromecast.
- After the purchase, you need to connect the Chromecast device to your TV. Generally, it will install the software over the TV automatically.
- The third step is to operate the headset. Go to your headset’s interface. On the bottom, you will see the share option or a curved arrow. Click on it.
- After a while, it will display all the available devices on the screen. Select the Chromecast device.
Eventually, it will start displaying your operations on your TV screen. Read the rest to find how to AirPlay Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV.
Mirroring The Mobile
Mirroring the mobile to cast Oculus Quest 2 is another way to connect via AirPlay. This process is for those who do not currently have the Chromecast device. Furthermore, it is a bit of a tricky method, making it rare.
Still, can you airplay oculus quest? Yes, you can, and here is the way to do this.
- First, download and install the Oculus app on your phone.
- After that, wear the Oculus Quest and go to the home screen. It is also called the home menu.
- Now select sharing and enter there. After that, you will end up with a menu, including casting. Select the casting from the screen.
- Oculus will show the available device on the screen. However, select the Oculus app from the options. You must keep one thing in mind: all the devices mean the phone, headset, and TV must be within the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now go to your phone and open the Oculus app on it. And rotate it. Before that, turn on the screen rotation feature.
- After that, swipe down from the upper right corner, find the screen mirroring option and click on it.
Within a concise while, the TV will start displaying the screen of your headset. And this is the end of the mirroring mobile and casting Oculus Quest 2.
Android Screen Mirroring
How do I AirPlay my Oculus TV?
After that, select the Chromecast device from your headset’s sharing option. And your TV will demonstrate the screen on Oculus Quest in a few seconds.
How can I watch Oculus 2 on my TV without Chromecast?
First, you need to install the Oculus app on your phone. Run the application on your phone and click on the share option. Search the Oculus mobile app and select it from the group of devices.
After that, the mobile will start displaying the screen of your Oculus. Then all you need to do is to start mirroring the phone on TV.
How do I cast Oculus to Smart TV?
If your TV does not have Chromecast, you must purchase a Chromecast device to cast the screen. The price of the device is around $50. This is how you can cast Oculus to your Smart TV.
Oculus Quest is becoming immensely popular day after day. It is serving us the ultimate pleasure of seeing the virtual world differently. Moreover, it is also helping the educational segments by serving demonstrations.
Eventually, it is no longer a gaming or movie-watching tool. Therefore, knowing how to AirPlay Oculus Quest 2 on TV has become vital. Otherwise, you may be a person from backdating after a few days.