Oculus Quest is a great all-in-one VR headset, but you may want to use a different account on the Oculus Quest 2 app. Maybe you share your Quest with someone else and want to switch accounts, or perhaps you just created a new Oculus account and wished to use it on your Quest.
No matter the reason, switching accounts on the Oculus Quest 2 app is easy. You can switch between accounts if you share your Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 with others. This can be done very quickly within the Oculus Quest 2 app.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to do it. Additionally, we will touch on how to use Oculus Quest 2 without a Facebook account and the process of setting up an Oculus Quest 2 Account. Keep reading for instructions.
- How To Switch Accounts On Oculus App
- Oculus Quest 2 Account Without Facebook
- How To Switch Facebook Accounts On Oculus Quest 2
- How To Add A Second Account To Oculus Quest 2
- How To Setup Oculus Quest 2 Account
- Two Oculus Quest 2 One Account
- How To Share Apps On Oculus Quest 2
- How To Add Additional Accounts to Your Quest 2
How To Switch Accounts On Oculus App
To switch accounts on the Oculus app, you must first log out of the current account.
To log out of an account:
- To open the Oculus app, click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down and select Log Out of Account.
- Click OK to confirm.
Now that you are logged out, you can log into a different account by following these steps:
- To begin, open the Oculus app and click on the three lines in the top left corner of your main screen.
- To change your settings, select the “Settings” tab from the main menu.
- Scroll down and select the option to log in to Another Account.
Oculus Quest 2 Account Without Facebook
You don’t need a Facebook account to create an Oculus Quest 2 account. You can create an Oculus Quest 2 account without Facebook, but you’ll need to use a phone number instead.
You can create an account without Facebook by selecting “Sign Up” on the main Oculus Quest 2 page and then choosing “Create a new Oculus account.”
You’ll need to provide your email address, username, and password to create an account. You can also use your Facebook login credentials by clicking the “Login with Facebook” option.
How To Switch Facebook Accounts On Oculus Quest 2
To switch Facebook accounts on Oculus Quest, you’ll need to do the following:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the main menu.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Under Accounts, tap Linked Accounts.
- In the Facebook section, tap Unlink Account and Remove Account.
- On your Oculus Quest, open Settings and scroll to Accounts & Privacy.
- Under Facebook, tap Link Your Account
- Select Connect with Facebook and follow the instructions to sign in to your Facebook account.
If you have any problems switching accounts, please get in touch with Oculus Support for help.
How To Add A Second Account To Oculus Quest 2
- First, make sure you’re logged out of your current Oculus account.
- To add a new account, open the Oculus app on your phone and select the hamburger menu in the upper left corner. Then select Settings > Accounts.
- Tap Add New Account and follow the on-screen instructions. After adding your new account, you’ll need to log in using the Oculus app on your phone.
- Then, power on your Oculus Quest and hold the power button until you see the blue login screen. Select Add Another Person and enter your new account’s email address and password.
You can now switch between accounts by selecting them from the Accounts menu in Settings.
How To Setup Oculus Quest 2 Account
To use the Oculus Quest 2, you will first need to create an account. The setup process of creating an account is pretty straightforward, and full details are provided below.
- Go to https://www.oculus.com/account/sign-up/ and click on “Create New Account.”
- Enter your email address, password, and date of birth.
- Click on “Create Account.”
- You will now be asked to verify your email address. Go to your email inbox and look for an email from Oculus with the subject line “Verify Your Email Address.” Click on the link in that email to verify your account.
- Once your account is verified, you will be asked to choose a username. Choose a username and press “Continue.”
- That’s it! You have now created an Oculus account.
- In order to utilize your Oculus Quest 2, you will need to connect it to an account. To access your Oculus content, put on the headset and follow the provided instructions.
If you have trouble creating an account or connecting your Oculus Quest 2, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Oculus support for assistance.
Two Oculus Quest 2 One Account
You can have up to four accounts with the Quest 2, including the original admin account and three separate ones.
You can link two Oculus Quest 2 headsets to the same account so that you can share your games and apps between them. You’ll need to use the Oculus app on your phone to do this.
- Start by opening the Oculus app on your phone and navigating to Settings.
- Tap Linked Accounts and then tap Link New Account.
- Enter the email address and password for the account you want to link.
- Tap Link Account.
Your Oculus Quest 2 headsets are now linked to the same account. You can switch between them by tapping the headset icon in the top right corner of the Oculus app.
If you want to unlink an Oculus Quest 2 headset from your account, you can go to Settings > Linked Accounts and tap the Unlink button next to the headset.
How To Share Apps On Oculus Quest 2
Once you have installed the apps that you want to share on your Oculus Quest 2, follow these steps:
- Go to the home screen of your Oculus Quest 2 and select the “Settings” icon.
- Select “Account” and then select “Linked Accounts.”
- Select “Add New” and then select “Oculus.”
- Sign in to your Oculus account with the email address and password you use for that account.
- Once you have logged in, select the apps you want to share from the list of available apps.
- Select “Share” and confirm that you want to share the selected app.
- The app will now be shared with your Oculus account and available to anyone who logs in with that account.
How To Add Additional Accounts to Your Quest 2
Can I Change The Primary Account On My Oculus Quest 2?
Please keep in mind that this process deletes everything from your device and changes it back into the software state it was originally in when you took it out of its box.
Can You Switch Oculus Accounts And Keep Games?
So this only works as a way to give another person access to your library if they’re using a different headset.
Will I Lose My Oculus Games If I Change My Facebook Account?
All your apps and game data are currently connected to your Facebook account. So you’ll need to transfer it to your new Meta account. To do this:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap Settings in the bottom right corner
- Under Accounts, tap Transfer Account
- Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer your account to your new Meta account.
Remember that if you want to use two different accounts on one device, they must be logged into Facebook separately. Have fun sharing your favorite apps with your friends and family. We hope you found this guide helpful and easy to follow.