The sad story starts when you find out that a de-facto controller for PC is not going to happen anytime sooner. You thought for a while, maybe going with the Xbox One or Xbox 360 Controller could be a good option. But then you find out, they are considered a go-to pick that does not really meet the feel.
Now thinking about convenience, you may also consider the mouse and keyword couple to enter this chat. But then again, the feel of a console controller still seems far away.
And that brings you to take a look at the PS4 DualShock 4 controller. It has quite the same layout as when the first iteration was out. And so, gamers are very familiar with the controller. You get to use most of the buttons in this controller and that’s fantastic. Basically, you have a pretty long list of reasons to use a PS4 controller.
Let’s talk about how to use the PS4 controller on PC wired or in the wireless method.
How to Use PS4 Controller on PC Wired or Wireless Using Simple Guide.
There’s no need to be panicked if you are looking for how to use the ps4 controller on pc windows 10 wired or even wireless. This is basically very straightforward and easy to do with a ps4 controller on windows 10. Here’s the method.
The primary things that you would need are a DualShock 4 controller, window Pc, a micro USB cable of standard type, and a third-party software optionally. An actual PlayStation 4 is required for this. The set up won’t take much time for software. You get to have a bunch of features like checking the battery and changing light with this. Also, a built-in audio jack should come along.
The Choice Making Phase…
Trying the wireless function with Bluetooth can be quite beneficial. Since the setup is super simple. You just need to get a Bluetooth adapter in this case if you are PC does not have built-in.
Choosing the official USB wireless adaptor can also work. The only problem to use a PS4 controller with wireless technology is that you can’t enjoy the audio jack benefits. Plugging in headphones directly is necessary here. And that could be a hampering reason unless the pair is with your wireless gaming headset.
Via Steam Usage…
Steam has a released version suitable for the PS4 controller with the application running. A USB will help you to connect the controller. Button prompts are also visible this way. You can’t have that option with default Xbox controls.
However, there’s not every game listed with the steam’s catalog. And for such a case, it’s going to be a bit disappointing.
Via DS4Windows Usage…
Without steam, it’s very much possible to use a PS4 controller on a PC with a software called DS4Windows. Here’s how you need to install it and get things sorted.
- You need to get the latest version of this software first and simply download it.
- Now after the download, install it by right click and extract all next. You need to extract the file on your desired location next. There should be two files named “DS4Updater.exe” and “DS4Windows.exe”.
- The former one is sometimes handy when you meet problems later. Click the later one for now and start the installation process.
- The first-time user will experience a question from software about their preferred location. This is basically for setting and profiles. It’s actually up to you for deciding. The default recommendation is, however, better to choose.
- After picking the location, you’ll get another window pop up. Simply click on the install DSR driver option. This will help you to enjoy the controller on versions such as Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 OS.
- For older versions such as Windows 7 or even outdated ones, go with clicking for installing the 360 drivers.
Via USB Cable Usage…
You can also try a USB cable for using the controller. These are usually available lying at your house. The most modern smartphone uses the same cable. However, for a better gaming experience go with at least two to three meters long versions.
After plugging in, you should be able to use the PS4 controller right away. You can use both the wired and wireless versions. However, using the wired one will let you experience easy operation. Also, there’s a chance to use a built-in audio jack.
How to Use A PS4 Controller on PC – Wired and Wirelessly
And that was simply how to use the PS4 controller on a PC wired or wireless manner. Hopefully, you enjoyed the writing and find it helpful. Gaming could not be any better with the right sort of controller. And once you are using a PS4 controller in the right manner, you are already going for the best. Enjoy!
Last Updated on by Edward C. Ruiz