The taskbar and Start menu are by far the most noticeable modifications of Windows 11. Windows 11 looks a lot like Windows 10X, which was just discontinued. The operating system features a centralized Start menu and taskbar symbols, as well as new fast operations, refreshed symbols, and rounded edges. Every latest edition of a windows os may contain a few minor flaws.
Users of Windows 11 may have issues such as the start menu stopped functioning. The problem isn’t exclusive to Windows 11. However, customers have confirmed experiencing it in Windows 10 operating system too though. The fact that the start menu in Windows 11 isn’t functioning is not a huge issue that can be resolved quickly. The users just identified a solution to restore the original Start menu. Throughout this discussion, we’ll go through the finest ways to resolve the Windows 11 start menu not working issue.
Ways to Restore the Start Menu in Windows 11
Windows has been thrown towards the spotlight at such a level we have never witnessed in nearly six years from during recent several weeks. Predictably, the additional features in Windows 11 have gotten a lot of attention. The corporation has blocked the Registry hack to reinstate the original Start Menu interface as a portion of its current upgrade, though.
As an outcome, restoring live tiles is no longer achievable, and users will therefore have to rely on the updated Start Menu, which does not include the elegant live tiles that were originally once introduced by Windows 8. Nonetheless, some users may experience some issues.
The most typical complaint would be the Windows 11 start menu not working, appears unresponsive, or freezes. Thankfully, they are minor glitches that can be easily corrected. As a result, you don’t need to become a professional to handle this vexing issue. There are a few options for resolving this problem, which is stated below.
Method 1: Open Windows Explorer and restart it
The initial step you should attempt is utilizing the task manager to restart Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer, often known as File Explorer, seems to be a program that allows you to browse and open documents on your pc. It additionally manages the taskbar, the Start menu, and a variety of different system functions. Thus, if your Windows 11 start menu isn’t functioning, consider rebooting Windows Explorer.
Perform the instructions outlined underneath to restart Windows Explorer:
- Using the keyboard, hold down the Ctrl+Alt+Delete combination. Choose task manager from the menu that appears to launch task manager on your Computer.
- Select therefore more specifics option if you can only see the programs you’re now utilizing. You can finally see all of the programs, background processes, and Windows processes that are currently operating on your computer.
- You’ll then need to look for Windows Explorer inside the task/process panel. Choose Windows Explorer; next press the restart icon throughout the task manager‘s the lower right side.
The Computers Windows Explorer would be restarted as a result of this action. Following that, the Start Menu in Windows 11 will start functioning.
Method 2: Reboot Your Device
Unless rebooting Windows Explorer didn’t solve your problem and you’re still having problems, consider rebooting your computer. Rebooting your system resolves all of your system’s momentary bugs and issues.
Since the start menu isn’t functioning, you could perhaps be asking how to reboot your computer. You can, of course, accomplish it simply using the start menu. Follow the instructions underneath to reboot your computer:
- Using the keyboard, click the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys consecutively as well.
- Next, mostly on the resulting display, select the power icon. The power icon is located therein on the lower right side of the window.
- You’ll be given three choices: shut down, restart, or sleep. To reboot your computer, select the restart button.
Method 3: Look for any possible software updates
On several occasions, this issue occurs as a result of an irregular Windows flaw or an obsolete version of Windows. Whether this is the case, you should try to update your Windows.
- Click the Windows+I key combination to upgrade Windows. It will bring up the computer’s settings.
- Then go to the update and security part of the settings.
- Monitor for updates by clicking the button. Download and install any existing updates.
You may also consider upgrading the drivers on the computer. The driver’s upgrade can be found on the Optional Update page. For upgrade drivers on the Computer, users can however utilize third-party programs like Driver Booster and DriverPack as an alternative. This will resolve the problem of the Windows 11 start menu not functioning. If somehow the problem is still not resolved, proceed to the next phase.
Method 4: Log out of your Microsoft account and log in as a local administrator
Rather than checking in using the Microsoft Account, consider logging in using a local administrator account. The methods to log out from your Microsoft Account are outlined here.
- To access your Computers settings, use the Windows+I letter combination from your keyboard.
- Then go to the accounts area of the settings.
- ‘Sign in with a local account instead,’ says the feature in the Your Info area. Select this option and indicate that you want to convert into a local account.
You’ll be capable of using the start menu in Windows 11 after that.
Method 5: Reset your computer
This could be due to a problem with Windows 11 installation or upgrade. If none of the other options succeed, the final alternative is to reset your computer. With Windows 11, users may both reset the Computer or install a new version. Perform the instructions outlined underneath to reset your computer. Make sure users have a backup of all information before starting.
- Click the Windows+I key combination from the keyboard. It will bring up the Computers settings menu.
- Go onto the update and security part of the settings afterward.
- Select on recuperation in the left panel.
- Users would then notice the option to reset this PC in the Recovery area. To begin, click the Get Started button.
- There will be a new window that appears. Here you’ll find two choices: preserve my files or delete all. Choose the keep my files checkbox if you intend to preserve most of your files while removing your Computers apps and settings. If you wish to delete everything from the computer, select the option to delete everything.
- Users will be capable to reset their computer if you execute the steps.
Once your computer has successfully reset, you must install Windows 11. After that, you should be ready to utilize your computer normally. You may not anymore have to deal with the problem of the Windows 11 start menu not functioning.
Windows 11: Fix Start Menu & Search Bar Not Working
Frequently Ask Question (FAQs):
Where the start menu is located on Windows 11?
As default, Windows 11 places the Start menu above the taskbar on the display. To mimic the Windows 10 start menu, apply the registry adjustments listed above. Proceed to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar alignment to position the taskbar to the left.
These are just the greatest choices we extensively evaluated, thus if the Windows 11 Start menu isn’t functioning, we firmly advise you to attempt every one of them. For resolving the Windows 11 start menu not working issue, use the following troubleshooting options. We trust that this post will assist you in resolving your Windows 11 issue.
Last Updated on by Edward C. Ruiz