Acer laptops, much like most other devices these days, can be troublesome to use. While many people who own Acer machines may not report any problems, there are some that think their laptop is acting up.
Windows 10 includes a built-in troubleshooter to help you solve problems and perform diagnostic tasks such as Safe Mode. Acer laptops have their own built-in Safe Mode, that can be accessed by pressing F8 on startup and then selecting “Safe Mode”.
Every Acer owner should know how to start your Acer laptop in Safe Mode with quick steps.
To run a diagnostic test like starting up in Safe Mode, you should always check first whether the problem is hardware or software, and then from there, you can proceed to do more specific troubleshooting.
Let’s see the steps about how to start your Acer laptop in Safe Mode.
1. Boot up your laptop and press the “F8” key to enter the “Safe Mode with Networking” options. Once you see the Windows desktop, hit enter and choose “OK”.
2. Choose “Windows 10 Troubleshooter” from the list of options that you see when you click “Yes”. You can choose an option to run a troubleshooting tool in another window.
3. Choose “Diagnose and repair” to identify and fix your problems.
4. You can now choose another option such as “Run a startup repair” to fix errors when Windows starts or “Run a memory diagnostic test”.
5. Once the troubleshooting is done, it will show you a list of options including “View report”, “More options” or an option to close the troubleshooter.
6. Choose “View report” if you want to see the troubleshooting results contained in the report file, or choose “More options” to see additional troubleshooting tips.
7. Once you are done troubleshooting, choose “OK”. Your laptop will reboot and will once again be back in normal mode. It is possible to do this without access to the Internet.
If the problem still persists after you perform this method, it will be more difficult to handle unless the issue is hardware. For hardware issues that require more sophisticated troubleshooting techniques, you should just reinstall Windows 10 instead of trying another method.
Follow the steps below to understand how to start your laptop in Safe Mode if the F8 key doesn’t work.
How to Start Acer Laptop in Safe Mode if the F8 Key Doesn’t Work
1. Turn off your laptop and disconnect your power adapter, Ethernet cable, USB devices, and external monitor. Hold the “Fn” key while you turn on your laptop. Use “alt” or “option” rather than “Fn” on a Mac.
2. Once you see the Windows desktop, click the “Power” button and choose “Restart”. Select “Troubleshoot” by clicking on the Power Options button.
3. In step 3, choose “Advanced options”. The Advanced options window will show two options: one to restart in safe mode and another to restart with the last known good configuration. Choose the option that you want.
4. Once the laptop restarts, the login screen will appear. Enter your password or press “Ctrl” and “Alt” to select the image if you have set one. After that, you will see a list of options including:
· Restore factory settings and remove everything
· Advanced start-up
· Command prompt only (advanced)
5. Choose Troubleshoot from the list and then hit “Next”. This will show a list of issues that you can troubleshoot. Scroll down and choose “More troubleshooting options”. When you see the advanced options screen, select “Start in safe mode”.
6. Your laptop will enter safe mode and will automatically reboot. After the reboot, the login screen will appear again. This time, select Troubleshoot from the list of options and choose “Advanced Options” from there.
7. Choose to start in Safe Mode with Networking (remember this step). Your laptop will automatically reboot again. If you are using a laptop, press the “Fn” key as soon as you see the Acer logo to enter safe mode. Your laptop keyboard may also have a key that says “Safe Mode” or another option for safe mode. You can also hit a key on your keyboard or hit enter and choose “OK” to start in safe mode when your Acer logo appears.
8. Restart your computer normally. After the restart, you will see the login screen of your laptop. Log in with your credentials or press “Ctrl” and “Alt” to log in if you have set one.
The Windows 11 Safe Mode is similar to the Safe Mode that was used in previous versions of Windows, but it is a lot different from the Safe Mode for Windows 10. This will be explained in a few steps.
How to Start Acer Laptop in Safe Mode in Windows 11
1. Restart your laptop and press “F8”. Select “Safe mode with Networking” to start.
2. As soon as you see the Windows desktop, hit a key on your keyboard or hit enter and choose “OK”.
3. Follow the steps in “How to Start Acer Laptop in Safe Mode” to start your laptop in Safe Mode if the Fn key doesn’t work.
4. Restart your laptop normally. If you are using a laptop, press the “Fn” key as soon as you see the Acer logo to enter safe mode. Your laptop keyboard may also have a key that says “Safe Mode” or another option for safe mode. You can also hit a key on your keyboard or hit enter and choose “OK” to start in safe mode when your Acer logo appears.
5. Proceed to do the troubleshooting for your computer problems. You now know how to start your Acer laptop in safe mode by pressing “Fn”, “alt” or “option” as soon as you turn it on and hold it down while powering on.
One of the biggest complaints about Acer laptops is that they won’t turn on. This is usually due to a simple and easy fix; when shutting your laptop down or powering it on, hold down the “F8” key. This will boot your laptop into Safe Mode and you should be able to perform a hardware diagnostic. This will save you time and money and may even help you get rid of some malware that may have infected your system.