Mendeley is a nifty academic research app that can help save you time when it comes to your writing, reading, and studying.
But what do you do if you want to uninstall or remove Mendeley from Word? Let’s find out by walking below.
Word will recognize the changes after you remove the toolbar, so removing Mendeley won’t cause any harm to your documents or files. It’s best to remove it right after downloading the toolbar so that you can start getting all the benefits of Mendeley in your Word documents.
The process of how to remove Mendeley from Word is rather straightforward with a few simple steps that anyone can complete in less than two minutes. Here’s how.
Table of Contents
- How to Remove Mendeley from Word
- How to Remove Mendeley from Word 2007/2008/2010/2013
- How to Remove Mendeley from the word on mac
- Even More Tips:
Step 1: Once the add-in is installed, select “File” from the menu bar, then choose “Options.”
Step 2: Click on the “Add-Ins” tab in the Options dialog box.
Step 3: Find “Mendeley Toolbar” in the list of add-ins
Step 4: Remove it by clicking on the check box to uncheck it. Click “OK.
Step 5: Restart Word and you are ready to experience the power of Mendeley in your documents.
How to Remove Mendeley from Word 2007/2008/2010/2013
- In Microsoft Word, press Ctrl + Shift + E
- this will open the “Tools” menu.
- Select “Manage add-ins” on the left side of the list.
- Look for any software that is listed as an option for inserting into your current document(s).
- If you see “Mendeley.com” in the list, highlight it and click on “Go” to remove it from your computer.
Step 1: Find the “Add-Ins” in your System Preferences.
Step 2: Select “Mendeley Toolbar”
Step 3: Click “Delete” next to it.
Step 4: Click on the “Restart” icon to restart Office for Mac.
Step 5: Tap “Yes” to uninstall the toolbar by Mendeley. Then, click on “OK” to confirm and execute it.
Now, you have successfully removed Mendeley from your computer! You can now see its impressive features inside your Word document!
However, if you’re using any other version of Microsoft Word, you will need to follow the steps outlined in the first part of this article.
Even More Tips:
You can remove the Mendeley toolbar by typing “about:config” in your browser address bar and remove the entries that contain “Mendeley.com” as shown below.
How to Remove Mendeley from Chrome
1. Click on Settings in Google Chrome.
2. Click on “Add-ons” in the upper right corner, then “Extensions”.
3. Find “Mendeley Toolbar” in the list of extensions and remove it by clicking on the check box to uncheck it.
4. Relaunch Google Chrome and you will no longer see the Mendeley toolbar.
How to Remove Mendeley from Internet Explorer
1. From your browser’s drop-down menu, select “Tools” and then “Manage Add-ons”. This will open your Add-ons window.
2. Locate the “Mendeley Toolbar” entry and click the X to remove it.
3. Restart IE and your browser will no longer show the Mendeley Toolbar.
How to Remove Mendeley from Firefox
1. Open Firefox, select Help from your menu bar, and select “Troubleshooting Information”. You can also press F12 to open this window.
2. Go to the “Refresh” button in Firefox. If you are still not able to remove the Mendeley toolbar, reset Firefox by following the instructions at the link below under “Related Articles”.
How to Remove Mendeley from Safari
1. Open your browser, and locate the “Safari” menu under the “Edit” menu.
2. Select Preferences, then Extensions, and then Uninstall the Mendeley Toolbar extension. If you are unable to find it in your list of add-ons, reset Safari by following the instructions at the link below under “Related Articles”.
How to Remove Mendeley from Chrome for Android
1. Open your browser, and locate the “Settings” menu under the “Edit” menu.
2. Select Settings > Show Advanced Settings. You can also press the Menu button near the top-right of your phone, select Settings > Tools, and then select Advanced. In the Web Content section, look for “Mendeley Toolbar” in the list of add-ons and remove it by clicking on the check box to uncheck it.
Mendeley is a great tool; it’s free, download it now! It allows you to keep all your research in one place. It’s an online service that can help you find articles and notes from publications, but lately, the Mendeley toolbar has been causing its users a lot of problems with Word.
The purpose of this article is to help you to know how to remove Mendeley from Word. To get the most out of Mendeley, and to continue benefiting from its powerful features in your documents, please install the extension directly without installing the toolbar.