The Vizio Soundbar has quickly gained recognition as a top-tier audio gadget. You may be wondering how to connect Vizio Soundbar to TV with AUX if you want to optimize the quality of the audio output. You just need to make the appropriate connections using AUX and configure it with your TV. The procedures, along with other approaches, are described in depth in this article.
- Can you connect a soundbar with an AUX Cord?
- How to Connect Vizio Soundbar to TV with AUX?
- Step-1: Prepare to set up your Vizio Soundbar
- Step-2: Locate the RCA cable with the red and white plugs
- Step-3: Locate the audio output jack behind your TV
- Step-4: The red and white wires should be plugged into their appropriate inputs on the TV
- Step-5: Follow the soundbar’s instructions to locate the red-and-white AUDIO IN or AUX port and attach the wire’s other end
- Step-6: Check that the sound bar is turned on
- Step-7: From the soundbar’s controller, choose “AUX” as the source of audio
- Step-8: Choose the menu option on your soundbar remote
- Step-9: Choose Audio from the Menu
- Step-10: Disable the TV’s speakers by toggling the corresponding switch
- Step-11: Switch between Fixed and Variable on Analog Audio Out
- What are the Other Methods to Connect a Soundbar with an AUX Cable?
- Tips & Tricks for Vizio Sound Bar Installation
- Final Words
Can you connect a soundbar with an AUX Cord?
If you are wondering, if is it even possible to connect your soundbar with an AUX cord, then the answer is yes. You can use an auxiliary audio cable to connect the soundbar to an external device.
How to Connect Vizio Soundbar to TV with AUX?
Connecting Vizio Soundbar is pretty straightforward and takes 11 easy steps that are outlined below:
Step-1: Prepare to set up your Vizio Soundbar
Remove the sound bar from its box and double-check that you have all of the necessary wires, fasteners, mounts, and user guides.
Step-2: Locate the RCA cable with the red and white plugs
This cable may be used to link two devices for analog audio.
Step-3: Locate the audio output jack behind your TV
On the back of your TV, you should find a port that is called Audio Out and has two red and white jacks.
Step-4: The red and white wires should be plugged into their appropriate inputs on the TV
Always connect the red RCA end to the red jack and the white RCA end to the white jack when using an RCA cord.
Step-5: Follow the soundbar’s instructions to locate the red-and-white AUDIO IN or AUX port and attach the wire’s other end
Your TV and soundbar should now be linked through an analog audio cable.
Step-6: Check that the sound bar is turned on
Turn on your soundbar by plugging it into a power source using the power cord, then pressing the Power button on the device.
Step-7: From the soundbar’s controller, choose “AUX” as the source of audio
Choose AUX by pressing the Input button on the soundbar’s remote and then using the arrow keys to go to the desired option.
Step-8: Choose the menu option on your soundbar remote
By pressing this button, the VIZIO TV menu will display.
Step-9: Choose Audio from the Menu
A window containing soundbar configuration options will pop up.
Step-10: Disable the TV’s speakers by toggling the corresponding switch
Using the directional buttons on your remote, navigate to the TV Speakers menu and press the off button to silence the sound. As a result, there won’t be any reverberation while using several speakers.
Step-11: Switch between Fixed and Variable on Analog Audio Out
Depending on how you feel, you can toggle between the two options.
- If you set your soundbar’s volume to Variable, it will rise and fall in response to changes in the volume of your TV.
- Choose Fixed to have your soundbar’s volume managed by the soundbar itself.
What are the Other Methods to Connect a Soundbar with an AUX Cable?
Besides using the included AUX cable, you can link your Vizio Soundbar to your TV in three additional ways. Examples include connecting through Bluetooth, HDMI, or a digital optical or coaxial wire.
Using SPDIF Cable
- Start by taking a good hard look at the accessories and cords that came with your Vizio soundbar. Next, you should double-check that you have removed the plastic cap from the end of each SPDIF cable.
- Have a peek at the device mounting your TV to the wall. You’ll discover an “OPTICAL” port in this area. Inject the corresponding end into it.
- Check out the sound system. There’s an “OPTICAL” port there as well. Just insert the proper end into that plug.
- After that, turn on your soundbar. Pull out the power cord and insert it into the wall socket.
- If you want to change the input method on your soundbar, you may do it with the remote.
- Access the audio menu by navigating the on-screen options to the appropriate section.
- Turn off the sound on the TV.
- Instead, you can use the Bitstream format in place of Digital Audio Out by selecting the Dolby Digital option.
Using HDMI ARC Cable
- Examine the contents of your Vizio sound bar’s box to ensure that you have all of the accessories you need.
- The sound bar you have should have an HDMI OUT (ARC) connector. Remove the HDMI plug from the cable and insert it into the slot. When you do these things, your HDMI connection will be successful.
- On your TV, you should find an HDMI 1 (ARC) connector. Just connect the other end to it.
- Activate the entire system.
- When that happens, select the HDMI input option. Kindly utilize the soundbar’s remote for this.
- Ensure that your Vizio sound bar came with all the cables and accessories it needs.
- Next, make sure your soundbar is working properly from all sides. The Bluetooth button should be located here. Then, maintain pressure. If everything has been done successfully up until this point, the soundbar will be in pairing mode.
- Feel free to grab your remote and hit the Bluetooth button over there. This procedure will take the place of the one you were following but will lead to the same outcome.
- Naturally, turning on Bluetooth on both the TV and the soundbar is required for the two devices to communicate with one another. To access the BT Pair option, hit MENU on the VIZIO remote with the LED screen.
- If everything seems good after checking the Bluetooth connection, then you may move on to the following section.
- If the TV and soundbar aren’t already paired, you may need to access the TV’s Bluetooth settings.
Use the smart TV’s Bluetooth pairing menu to locate and select a soundbar. While certain Televisions’ Bluetooth connection menus may require additional steps, the vast majority of soundbars can be paired with a TV by simply selecting it from the TV’s Bluetooth discovery list.
Tips & Tricks for Vizio Sound Bar Installation
To ensure that the sound is directed in the direction in which you are looking, it is best to position the soundbar directly under the TV if it is on a stand, table, shelf, or cabinet. Check that the soundbar won’t obscure the TV screen by comparing its height to the distance between the stand and the TV’s base.
If you want to avoid blocking sound coming from the edges of the room while placing a soundbar on a shelf within a cabinet, position it as far forward as feasible. The soundbar should not be placed on a cabinet shelf if it supports Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or DTS Virtual:X, as these formats need vertical sound projection to simulate the illusion of having speakers above the listener.
You can install a sound bar on a wall. A soundbar can be installed either below or above a TV on a wall mount. The sound is more focused on the listener if the speaker is placed under the TV.
You may mount your soundbar directly on the wall with the help of the included hardware or paper template that comes with many soundbars. Choose the optimal placement for the wall mounts and mark the screw hole using the given template. Read the user manual for information on what you’ll need to mount the soundbar on the wall, including whether or whether the manufacturer sells the necessary hardware and a template.
How do I connect my Vizio soundbar to my TV with optical?
How do I connect my Vizio soundbar to my TV with Bluetooth?
Connecting a soundbar to a television may greatly improve the listening experience for people who value high-quality sound. This post will be helpful if you possess a Vizio Soundbar and are wondering how to connect Vizio Soundbar to TV with AUX. There are a variety of options for attaching a soundbar to a TV set. Coaxial cables, digital optical cables, and even Bluetooth can all be utilized throughout the setup process.