When it comes to adding more speakers to the amplifier, the load increases, and the best part is, you can double the sound intensity. Who doesn’t love loud music when they are with friends?
Well, adding two is okay, but more than two speakers can cause you, busted speakers, too! Here, we will learn how to connect 2 speakers to one output and enjoy the loud and intense music! Why not more fun?
Steps to Connect Two Speakers to One Output
Get ready to add two speakers to one output and enjoy incredible music! All you need is to learn the impedance and then, wiring it up is easy. You don’t need a professional degree to add these little wires; trust us!
First of all, learning about the impedance of the speakers is necessary here. You can easily go through the back part of the device’s packaging or the manual and there, you will find the impedance of the speakers noted.
Check online if you don’t find it there; Google the model and it will be enough. Once you get the impedance, you are prepared. There are two methods of connecting two speakers to one output.
- The Series Configuration
- The Parallel Configuration
No, both of these methods won’t work for you; only one will work. But how to decide which method will work for your speakers?
Well, if the impedance of your speakers is less than 8 ohms, you have to settle for the series configuration. On the other hand, if you have speakers with 8 or more impedance, go for the parallel configuration.
Method 1: The Series Configuration
If you are adding the speakers with 8 or fewer ohms in the series configuration is connected to the total load impedance of the amplifier. In this configuration, two speakers having 4 ohms will add 8 ohms total load.
- Most of the amplifiers are capable of working with 6 or more ohms loads. And so, for this, the series connection is perfect. You can plan to add the speaker cables directly to the amplifier. For this, you need to go through the speaker wires first.
- Add the speaker’s wires of both speakers to the amplifier directly. Get your hands on one speaker and wire it to the positive terminal. Then get your hands on the other one from the same speakers and add it to the negative terminal.
- Go through the other two wires not. All you need is to connect these two wires. Keep in mind that in this position, the whole connection of wires will look like a triangle.
At times, you plan to add the speakers to the amplifier but you want to make a connection directly between the two speakers too, you can do it in the same process.
- First of all, you have to get your hands on one wire and get it closer to the speaker. Just like the series configuration, now, you have to connect it in a series to the wire of your second speaker.
- Go through the other wires and connect the speakers to the negative and positive terminals of the amp. You are done!
Method 2: The Parallel Configuration
If you get two speakers that have 8 ohms, they will create a total load of 4 ohms and this is what parallel configuration brings to you. In short, with the help of a parallel connection, the number will be lowered.
Also, you can connect the speaker perfectly. There’s no risk of the amplifier not being capable of carrying out the connection properly here.
- In this parallel configuration, you can add the speakers directly to the amp. To do this, all you need to do is go through the cables of your speaker first.
- And then, you have to connect every cable to the positive and negative terminals. In this process, it’s necessary to connect the positive wire to the positive port of the amp.
On the other hand, you have to certify that you have connected the negative wire is connected to the negative port of the amp. You have to ensure this for both speakers. And then, you are ready!
In either case, you might love to add the speakers to each other first. For this situation, you can follow a different method.
- First of all, check the wires of one speaker first and add them to the second speaker. After this, you have to go through the wires of the second speaker and then connect them to the amp.
- Once the wires are connected and you are ready, start playing the speakers; they will work amazingly!
Read More: Best 4 Inch Marine Speakers
Use 2 Audio Outputs at the Same Time on Windows
Nothing gets amazing if the music is loud when you are dancing or singing with it! The method of connecting two speakers with one output isn’t tough.
Plan on intensifying the volume and enjoy! But don’t forget that you will end up damaging the speakers if you go for more than two speakers for the connection!