No matter where we go, we must face difficulties, and thus the experts come. The computer is the machine that makes our lives easier than average, yet it is challenging to operate sometimes.
Like many software and hardware-related issues, one problem we are meagerly aware of is copying a page. While copying a page, you must keep in your mind the format must be stable. Generally, you can copy any text from any source and paste the text into MS Word. MS Word will obtain all the text you have copied within the time of a blink. However, there are some other aspects and changes you can offer MS Word that will let the format remain constant.
So, today we shall talk about the entire ways how to copy a page in word without losing formatting. Stay tuned with us for the best outcome.
How To Copy A Page In Word Without Losing Formatting – Step-By-Step Process
While copying the texts on MS Word, the text will follow the styles of the source. But, sometimes, it might not be enough for your purposes. So, you can activate some other advanced features, but those might not work until you take the necessary steps.
The optimum steps are given below about how to copy whole page in word including header and footer.
- Firstly, from your PC or MacBook, open MS Word.
- After that, on the upper column, you will experience several options, such as File, Home, Insert, Design, Layout, and others. From this column, select the File option.
- Another box of options will come and now click on the ‘Options.’
- A dialogue box will open shortly. You will find an option named ‘Advanced’, so click on it. You will experience several segments, and one of those is Copy, Cut and Paste.
- The first option is ‘pasting within the same document.’ From the box beside this option that has an arrow, click on it and set the ‘keep source formatting.’
- After that, go to the next one, which is ‘pasting between documents.’ From the box beside this option that has an arrow, click on it and set the ‘keep source formatting.’
- Again, go next to ‘pasting between documents when style definitions conflict.’ From the box beside this option with an arrow, click on it and set the ‘Use Destination Styles.’
- Later on, go to ‘pasting other programs.’ From the box beside this option that has an arrow, click on it and set the ‘keep source formatting.’
- Lastly, you can change the image pasting option from ‘insert/paste pictures as.’ The best option is ‘in line with text, but you can change it according to your need.
Posting All The Pages
- First, open the file and let it rest for a few seconds. Since it is a large document, it may take several minutes to develop all the elements.
- Now, press ‘Ctrl + A’. It will select the whole document, including text, pictures, bullets, numbers, and other elements.
- After that, press ‘Ctrl + C’ to copy the selected file and this belongs to how to duplicate a page in word with tables.
- Lastly, go to the document where you desire to paste. After that, press ‘Ctrl + V’, and you will see that all the source file elements will be copied to the new document.
If you want to copy one page only and are looking for how to copy a whole page in word with text boxes, you need to follow the same steps. But the difference is the selection.
For the page you want to copy, double-click on the first word of that page. It will select the word. Now by pressing the ‘Shift’ button on the keyboard, click once on the last punctuation after the last word. And this is how to copy pages in word to another document.
How do I copy a page in Word with the same format?
Answer: The trick is quite simple. First, you need to select the text you desire to copy and then press Ctrl + C. All the text will be copied. Now open MS Word and press Ctrl + V. Within a sec, all the selected text will be copied into the Word file. Not only the text but the image will also be copied. Again, the format will be the same.
Why does my formatting change when I copy and paste it into Word?
Answer: The prime reason behind this is the settings of MS Word. If all the settings in the advanced section are correct, MS Word will not lose the format. So, you need to set all the features into default. And after that, you can copy and paste into MS Word.
MS Word is one of the tools which we need daily. No matter where we work, we require this software. In addition, it is significant to know the right way to utilize MS Word. Therefore, like the other features, you must know how to copy a page in word without losing formatting. Moreover, about how to duplicate a page in word mac, the process is the same.
I love technology for this reason always try to share my knowledge with my all friend and communities. If you are want to know the trend of technology today and tomorrow keeps with us by commend and regularly share with a view.